Friday, December 11, 2009

Acer P235 Mointor Review



I currently use a 15.4 inch laptop monitor at a resolution of 1280x800. Hardly impressive and often restrictive. So this black Friday I got an e-mail from my favorite company saying they had a black Friday sale on monitors.

Back in Germany I had a 22 inch monitor at a resolution of 1650x1050 with a 17 inch also and loved it! (if you ever go dual monitors you will never want to go back) So I decided what I wanted, something bigger then 22 inches, and something with more resolution then 1650x1080. I went on Newegg (which is an awesome site and we'll be talking about them later in my blog) I found an awesome monitor 23 inches, 1080p resolution, everything I wanted sale price of $150 I did a bit of research and came to find that it was very popular. So I bought it, think I ended up paying around $200 or so shipped (I live APO and big items like this cost a lot to ship) , either it was a steal considering the BX here was moving 22 inches at $220+.

I was a bit worried about the shipping, I didn't want the screen to get kicked in or anything like that when in shipment, lucky me the box arrived a little missed up however the monitor inside was just fine.

Unpacked it, set it up, and was a complete breeze had to do some minor tweaking but that's normal.

The monitor simply looks stunning, it really does no other way to say it. I played a HD movie on it and loved it. And right now I’m using it to help in my multi-tasking. Another nice thing is I use my PC for everything including TV I now have a big screen TV.

There is one thing I went back and looked at. Back in 2007 I bought my 22 inch monitor for $300. At the time that was a good deal too. That again was an Acer. I owned that monitor faithfully for over 2 years and loved it. I dragged it around with me to LAN parties all around Germany and it always performed as it should.

The point is not that Acer makes good monitors (well it sorta is) but the point is I don't have any favorite brand in the monitor area. I really don't care something big and nice works that doesn't cost a ton. Last time I went shopping for monitors I wasn't shopping by brands either, I wanted something bigger, nice, and not spend a ton of money. What this goes to show is Acer makes some great monitors at a great price point and this second monitor has made me a devote fan of Acer monitors.

In short if you’re looking for a large, but not so large budget monitor you can't go wrong with the Acer P235.






No comments:

Post a Comment